Wednesday, July 1, 2009

End of JSP

So at some point I must've walked through a time portal and skipped a few weeks here and there because the past 4 months went way to fast to be normal time. On the bus ride to Narita Airport, (for most people it was to go home, but I was picking up my parents) we were remembering our bus ride FROM Narita the second day in Japan and it felt like it just happened.

I didn't realize how much I enjoyed my host family until the last week, especially the last few nights. We took some family photos which was fun in itself. They gave me a copy in a big frame, on which they all wrote me a message. I love it. They also got me a Japan National Team soccer jersey... score. I was so sad when I was walking back to the house with my parents. It was the first time I had to hold back tears. It was so sad thinking that I wouldn't be walking home there everyday. aw. I will see them a few times before I leave for America though.

I've made some amazing friends. I wish I had been better friends with some of them earlier on in the semester, but it's okay, we have the rest of our lives to be friends. And I feel like the JSP kids are friends I will have forever and I will want to keep in close contact with. It was such an amazing adventure we experienced together and we made countless good memories. It's sad most of them are so far away now...

1 comment: